Notebook / Tablet computer requirements:
We recommend a unit with the following minimum system specifications:
- Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / Windows-7 / Windows-8 / Windows 10 (please note: not windows RT)
- TrackRanger runs under the MAC O/S, (here’s how)
- CPU: 1.6GHz or higher recommended
- RAM: 1 Gb or greater recommended.
- CD-ROM or DVD/CD combo drive
(DVD required for Natmap Premium / UBD Street Directories), Can also be supplied on USB removable drive.
- Minimum 100 Mb available disk storage (not including maps)
- 600 x 800, 1024 x 768 or better, recommended screen resolution.
- 24 bit or 32 bit colour graphics.
- Spare USB Port for TrackRanger GPS, or COM port for connection from your NMEA GPS unit.
- Any GPS with a connector for sending/receiving NMEA data – this includes virtually all Magellan, Silva, Garmin, Lowrance etc models. (Advantech Design can supply cables for some GPS models).
- Please Note: Most auto-routing products such as Navman, Mio, and Tom Tom do not have the capability of sending NMEA-0183 GPS data (the international GPS standard), so are unsuitable to connect to TrackRanger. Use the TrackRanger GPS instead.