Notebook / Tablet computer requirements:
We recommend a unit with the following minimum system specifications:
- Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / Windows-7 / Windows-8 (please note: not windows RT)
- TrackRanger runs under the MAC O/S, (here’s how)
- CPU: 1.6GHz or higher recommended
- RAM: 1 Gb or greater recommended.
- CD-ROM or DVD/CD combo drive
(DVD required for Natmap Premium / UBD Street Directories), Can also be supplied on USB removable drive.
- Minimum 100 Mb available disk storage (not including maps)
- 600 x 800, 1024 x 768 or better, recommended screen resolution.
- 24 bit or 32 bit colour graphics.
- Spare USB Port for TrackRanger GPS, or COM port for connection from your NMEA GPS unit.
- Any GPS with a connector for sending/receiving NMEA data – this includes virtually all Magellan, Silva, Garmin, Lowrance etc models. (Advantech Design can supply cables for most GPS models).
- Please Note: Most auto-routing products such as Navman, Mio, and Tom Tom do not have the capability of sending NMEA-0183 GPS data (the international GPS standard), so are unsuitable to connect to TrackRanger. Use the TrackRanger GPS instead.
Google Integrated Trip Planning relies on certain functionality to be provided from Google, which is beyond Advantech Design’s control.
The TrackRanger Integrated Web browser is designed to currently operate with Internet Explorer Version 10